Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Top Ten Books I've read in 2010

This is a list of books I've read in 2010 that I would recommend to my friends.  I have added one or two of my perennial favorites.  Granted, I read a few more than this, but these are the titles that make my list.


Let me know what you think of this list and of these books when you get a chance to explore.

I was a little disheartened when I told a group at my church about Prodigal God and offered to loan it to anyone who wanted to read it.  No one took me up on the offer.  Maybe they were waiting for me to give it away?


I tend to read what is given to me or recommended to me by others.  If you end up writing your own "Top Ten," put a link to it as a comment below.  I'd love to hear what moves you.

Thanks for taking a look!

  1. The Town Cats and Other Tales by Lloyd Alexander (This is probably my favorite bedtime story book)
  2. The Rabbit and the Elephant: Why Small Is the New Big for Today's Church by Tony Dale, Felicity Dale and George Barna
  3. The Spirit of the Disciplines: Understanding How God Changes Lives by Dallas Willard
  4. Softly and Tenderly: The Altar - A Place to Encounter God by Leslie Parrott
  5. Prodigal God by Timothy Keller
  6. The Shack: Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity by William Paul Young
  7. The Divine Conspiracy: Rediscovering Our Hidden Life In God by Dallas Willard
  8. Hearing God: Developing a Conversational Relationship with God by Dallas Willard
  9. Samuel Logan Brengle: Portrait of a Prophet by Clarence W. Hall
  10. How Your Corps Can Grow by John Larsson

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for including our book, "The Rabbit and the Elephant" in your list. We are honored! It is always a blessing to know that people have been inspired or challenged by something we have written.

    Felicity Dale

    ReplyDelete
  2. I skimmed my list of 2010 reads and picked the best 8:
    Marley and Me by John Grogan
    The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
    The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness
    The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
    Better Than My Dreams by Paula Rinehart
    In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson
    Walking on Water by Madeleine L"Engle
    Compelled to Write to You by Christopher deVinck

    First four are fun reads and last four are spiritually encouraging reads. Thanks for sharing your list (I've only read #s 5 & 6 of those).

    ReplyDelete