Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy National Atheists Day!



Photo credit: anitapatterson from morguefile.com

Well, today is the day!  The good news for all you atheists out there is that the Bible talks about you, and about your day today.  Psalm 14:1 says,
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."

After all, we have evidence of God and His creation everywhere we look.  Psalm 19 says,
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.

I have heard others say, and I believe as well, that it takes more faith to believe that all life and everything we see came about as a result of a chemical accident, Big Bang or other theory. 

I have also heard a preacher (I think it was Rick McKinley of Imago Dei Church in Portland) that few things offend God more than to attribute His Creation to other means.

So, to the unbelievers out there, I wish you a pleasant day.  But do me a favor and (especially with the wonderful weather we are having today) take a walk.  Take a moment to ponder the beauty and intricacies of nature and the world around you.  And open your mind to another possibility.
Like what you are reading? Consider the following:

1. Subscribe to my blog (there is a link for that on this page).
2. "Follow" me on twitter. It's a free account, and a great way to meet like-minded friends. My link is: http://twitter.com/tommccomb.
3. Leave a comment (I love your candid feedback and might use your ideas in future posts)
4. Tell someone else about this blog.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment