Friday, August 20, 2010

Intellect - Real Consecration - Sealed Orders Part 8

This is one in a series of posts, sharing the Sealed Orders devotions, day by day, from CMI 2010.  They are based on the "Consecration Hymn," Salvation Army Songbook #525

-------------------------------------

Psalm 139 is often read at baby dedications.  It is David’s praise poem about God and his care over us; his knowledge of us when man cannot see us is encouraging, but also mind-boggling.

O LORD, you have searched me 
and you know me.

You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

Before a word is on my tongue 
you know it completely, O LORD.

It is incredible that God knows so much about us.

But if we remember that God is the one who designed us, knit us together before we were born, and sees us and knows our thoughts when and where no one else can, it boggles the mind.

King David says, “Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.”

As you continue to learn about the world through school and life experiences, remember that God not only designed your mind, but he also created the structure for whatever subject you are studying – from English literature to molecular biology – and everything in between.

When we consecrate our intellect, it isn’t putting our brain on ice or checking out mentally.  It really is an opportunity to let Him inspire us to greatness using our minds.  We will be better equipped to serve, theorize and organize.  God will help us create, communicate and innovate.

Ask God in this moment to take your mind and sanctify it for His purposes.  And as you make plans to use your mind in school and at work, remember that God is the one who created your intellect and even knows your thoughts.  He designed your brain and inspires you to think.

All so that He can glorify himself through you.

Pray that you will offer your whole mind to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment