Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Putting it Together



Charles Spurgeon once wrote, "Faith goes up the stairs that love has built and looks out the window which hope has opened."  In this brief statement, he gave us a snapshot of what the relationship looks like between Faith, Hope and Love.

After all, as I stated in an earlier post, Faith moves.  It must move, or it is dead.  But without Love, even with all the Faith in the world, we are nothing (1 Cor 13:2).  Love has made the connection and created an avenue for our faith to move.

In another post, I explained that Hope sees.  When faith moves, it has a target or a focus for us to concentrate on.  Again and again in scripture, we are encouraged to focus on heavenly things (Colossians 3:1-2, 2 Corinthians 4:18).  When Faith moves, Hope gives it a target.  When I taught my children to ride bicycles, I told them to look at a point down the sidewalk.  It might have been a road sign or a tree, but when they took their eyes off the pedals and looked at their "target," they kept better balance and rode in a straighter line.  We need to use Hope that way.

And Love paves the way for us to hope.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
Like what you are reading? Consider the following:

1. Subscribe to my blog (there is a link for that on this page).
2. "Follow" me on twitter. It's a free account, and a great way to meet like-minded friends. My link is: http://twitter.com/tommccomb.
3. Leave a comment (I love your candid feedback and might use your ideas in future posts)
4. Tell someone else about this blog.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment